Blackbook has wireless problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BlueSamurai, Feb 4, 2008.

1. BlueSamurai macrumors newbie

Hi guys

Hope somebody can help me out. I promised to try to troubleshoot my friend's blackbook that shipped with Leopard... i reinstalled Leopard for him because wireless wasnt working properly... and it still isnt working properly. It detects my home wireless network but i just cant log into the net. I know it isnt my network, coz my 1st gen mbp which runs Leopard as well works properly. On top of that, when i click Systems Preferences, the window doesnt show up. Its only on the "view" above that i can see the whole list of stuff but even clicking on any of them doesnt open up any new windows.

I tried plugging an ethernet cable into my router and then internet browsing looks okay. However... software update becomes a pain.. its as if its not moving!

Has someone gotten into a similiar spot before? Any tips/advice?

Thanks

2. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

I had a friend with a MacBook Pro that had a similar problem. I felt terrible about it because I'd convinced him to switch. It took apple three repairs before they sorted it out right and decided that he had a faulty airport extreme card. Don't know why it took them that long to solve the problem though. It's fine now, so do what he did and take it to apple. That's exactly what warranty's are for. If it's a hardware issue, and it likely is, then you are giving yourself grief by doing the Leopard re-install. Head to the genius bar and they'll sort you out and you'll feel much better about your BlackBook.