Blackbook Heat Issue & Freezing Issue (also problems on waking)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by amenze, Aug 4, 2009.

1. amenze macrumors newbie

Hey, have searched mroogle already but it didnt come up with exactly what i was looking for.

I have a Blackbook purchased in sept 07 2.16ghz C2D

In the last few months i have been having heat issues and also the os seems to freeze quite abit and not respond at all and i have to hold the power button to reset it.

It also seems to have trouble waking from sleep sometimes where it will open and just stay on a black screen with no password box so i have to close it and reopen it and it will appear.

Also i have been having the heat problem, attached is a screenshot from istat after about 3-4 mins after the computer being turned on and only firefox loaded.

Does it seem like the logic board could be dying....
    i have had these issues for a while, my HDD was replaced after the issues started with a clean install and they seem to persist,

Any ideas anyone....

Thanks

[​IMG]

2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

First of all, the temperature looks fine. The CPU is being loaded at 28% which is plenty to cause the indicated temperature. Unless you are actually having temperatures outside of the thermal thresholds, or broken fans, exit the mass of idiots that makes thread after thread of heat complaints.

I would reset the SMC and PRAM for the sleep problem. It's something that is recommended all too often, most often in cases where it's a pointless procedure, but when it comes to problems waking from sleep, I'd say it's worth a shot.

For the general OS X instability, run Disk Utility and do a disk check and a permissions check. Make sure everything is in order. If you are still having problems, it could be related to 3rd-party software or kernel extensions causing problems, because OS X is not Windows 98, and should not spontaneously freeze. Have these problems been there right from a fresh install or do you always install certain software right away before you begin testing your MacBook? If you have Windows installed on your MacBook as well, let us know how your MacBook runs under Windows; is it stable, does it freeze, etc..