BlackBook screen shutting off randomly

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by leekohler, Apr 14, 2008.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

OK, this is something I mentioned in another thread, but I really need an answer so I'm starting a new thread. My new 2.4 BlackBook is having a weird screen issue. It turns off randomly when on battery power. I can still see whatever I was working on, so the display isn't going into sleep mode, the back light is simply shutting off. If I put the lid down and open it back up, the light comes back on. BTW- this NEVER happens when using the power adapter. It's always fine when plugged in.

2. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Eek! I always hate it when no one has a quick answer. :( Looks like I'll be visiting the Genius Bar again. What a bummer- I really like this computer and never anticipated I'd be taking it in twice in it's 3 week old life. It was already in for a sleep problem. It would wake up when the lid was closed and get really hot, then shut off. That was caused by an improperly seated RAM chip. Now this...:(

3. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

FYI- This problem seems to have gone away on it's own. It hasn't happened at all for the last few days. Weird. I'll keep you all updated if it happens again and what I do remedy the situation.