Blackbook shock

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jlmillstein, Apr 30, 2007.

  1. jlmillstein macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2007
    #1
    I bring my black macbook to school with me every day in a proper sized incase sleeve. I have had a macbook for a year, but just got a replacement and upgraded to black. Now every time i take it out of the case at the end of the day i get a small shock. It is in no way painful but i worry it could be detrimental to the computer. any insight?
    Edit: this is before i plug it in to a power supply or even turn it on. Just the action of pulling the closed, completely powered off laptop out of the bag. it is not sleeping. it is OFF
     
  2. quigleybc macrumors 68030

    quigleybc

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2005
    Location:
    Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    #2
    No Clue

    Maybe your old white one is shocking you from the grave.....:apple:
     
  3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

    iBookG4user

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2006
    Location:
    Seattle, WA
    #3
    Does the sleeve generate any static electricity? That was the first thing that came to my mind. Other than that it could be a faulty power supply.
     
  4. Grimace macrumors 68040

    Grimace

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2003
    Location:
    with Hamburglar.
    #4
    this could be related, maybe not -- but whenever you scuff your feet on carpet (even a little) touching metal will give a little shock.
     
  5. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

    CRAZYBUBBA

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2007
    Location:
    Toronto/Houston
    #5
    haha! It happened w/ my pb for a week and died down w/ time..

     

Share This Page