Blackbook Sticky Spacebar!!!???

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by FaisalQ, Aug 3, 2008.

1. FaisalQ macrumors newbie

Hi, i just purchased an Apple Black Macbook and found out that my spacebar gets stuck to the base of the keyboard.When i tap it hard it pops out sometimes but then it goes back to its sticky position. I used a knife to to try to fix it, and it has seemed to solved the problem. I was just wondering if anybody else has come across such a phenomenon. If so i would greatly appreciate any feedback on a more professional solution to my "knife-under-the button" trick. Thanks.

2. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Return it.

I wouldn't quite go as far as that. Its a sticky space bar. The computer hasn't sprouted legs and done a little jig.

Return it.

3. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

The 'H' key on my macbook did that when I first got it. It bothered me a lot, but seeing as the nearest Apple Store is hours away, I decided to live with it.

It vanished of its own accord after a while. Reckon it just needed breaking in.

4. FaisalQ thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the feedback guys, i'll probably wait it out, the key does seem to get better the more its used. If it gets stuck again i'll probably give it in to get checked. thanks alot