BlackBook to return?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by andrew086, Dec 31, 2009.

1. andrew086 macrumors regular

I am sure I'm not the only one who thinks that the BlackBook is a lot better looking than the white MacBook. The only thing that is stopping me from buying a refurbished or pre-owned BlackBook is that the intel graphics suck big time. I think I heard some where there was some rumors that Apple may bring these back - does anyone think this is likely? I'd love to see a black MacBook Pro too...

2. Cyanobacteria macrumors newbie

Out of curiosity, what are you doing with a macbook that needs a better graphics card? I realise the shared memory part of the macbook does suck though.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

Intel's Arrandale chipset has integrated graphics. No one knows if Apple will go that way or try to get a Mac only version of arrandale that allows separate GPU. Unfortunately nVidia could not get an agreement with Intel to work with the Arrandale series.

4. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

To be brutally honest, the only thing that ever limits my White MacBook is its Graphics Chipset. (Im one of those few hardy sould who is running Final Cut Studio 2 on an X3100 MacBook - Motion is slow, but oh-well, I will have a MacBook Pro eventually).

Hopefully theyll bring in a Black MacBook Pro - Take the White Polycarbonate MacBook, Make it Black, and give it a 2.53Ghz Processor and decent graphics. Then Ill be right at the front of the queue to get one!

5. anschnaller macrumors member

anschnaller

i have the black macbook and i would like to see apple come out with a black macbook pro or macbook. I still use my macbook for photoshop and because my job requires me to travel for months at a time. but at home i have my imac that i use for my more demanding things. It sure would be nice to upgrade my macbook to a new black one. I don't see apple coming out with a black macbook for another year or two. apple doesn't like to do stuff unless a lot of people are going to like it.

6. celticpride678

I think that Apple will eventually bring back the black MacBook. However, I don't see Apple making a black MacBook Pro because right now there are aluminum and downgrading them to plastic would be horrible and disappoint a lot of people.

7. mosx macrumors 65816

Why not just dye the aluminum like they do for iPods?

The MacBook "Pro" with all black anodized aluminum would be pretty sweet lookin

8. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I'll second that.

I won't be paying a $200 premium for black aluminium. ALTHOUGH, what would be totally awesome is the 17"er in black...only that model, with some killer specs.

9. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Aluminum cannot be dyed, and the iPods have dark powder-coat paint...not anodizing.

10. firewater macrumors regular

Make it like the black ipod in ppl will go nuts!:)...i will buy 2