Blackbook vs. Base model MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JohnnyLowGun, Feb 26, 2008.

1. JohnnyLowGun macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

Like most of you I have been waiting for an update for a while just because I wanted to see what would pop up. On the one hand I'm glad I waited because I can get the same specs I was looking at before at a lot less cost.

However, I was wondering if other than the dedicated video cards if there is a huge difference in capabilities in the Blackbook and the base model MBP in regards to video editing?

Is it a waste of money to get the MBP?...I read that the difference between the base and mid MBP could be minimal.

Also in regards to glossy and matte screens...is the image that the glossy screens shows(sharper contrast,colors) a false representation? Is matte the only one that will be most true in regards to the file I'm working on?

Thanks in advance!

:apple:JxLX:apple:

2. soccerjoe5 macrumors regular

video editing? easy answer = MBP :)

bigger screen and VRAM for video editing.

matte is supposed to be more accurate. i stick to matte for my photo editing but glossy will be fine if i work in places with good lighting (no reflections etc)

bonuses for the MBP: backlit keyboard, ambient light sensor, better speakers and LED screen. LED screen is a big one for me for photo editing, since i don't have to warm up my LCD which can take 30 mins. plus it stays brighter longer, my older asus laptop's screen is a little dimmer now that it's 3 years old.

3. JohnnyLowGun thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone else? Is it worth the extra $500 or so?

Is a re-design really that likely in June?

4. JohnnyLowGun thread starter macrumors newbie

5. DrSteven macrumors newbie

I sold my blackbook for the new MBP.

if anything the larger screen size justifies it. more real-estate means more productivity. plus its the flagship apple laptop.

6. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

i was in the store earlier ready to purchase the mid range MB then i compared the screen... and the aluminum.. and the keyboard..
    went home, got myself a refurb 2.2 SR MBP.
    i think that's the best deal you can get for now