Blacking Out

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LoveTheTouch, Oct 8, 2008.

1. LoveTheTouch macrumors newbie

:eek: Was wondering...while surfing on the internet on the iPod Touch, my iPod will black out. It is still working because it goes back to the Home Screen....was wondering if it is timing out. It does not happen all the time because often I will be doing something on the iPod Touch.

My setting is set 2 minutes to lock. Just trying 5 minutes to see if that is the problem of blacking out screen.

Was wondering if anyone else had the same blacking out screen and their solutions.

Oh! I am new to the Mac Forums. :)

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

3. LoveTheTouch thread starter macrumors newbie

I do not believe that is the problem because I am surfing now on the iPod and it has not blacked out yet.

Also, wondering if I was hitting a button by mistake.

Recently found the bookmarks and add to home page and I have been using those a lot lately.

4. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

It sounds like Safari crashing as HLdan said. That happens with Mobile Safari sometimes, doesn't happen all the time. Seems to depend on your connection and what websites your are visiting.

5. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

try a hard reset....used to happen to me alot...did a hard reset and all is spiffy.. :D

6. LoveTheTouch thread starter macrumors newbie

Is a "hard reset" pressing the very top button on the pod and keeping your finger there until something appears?

I have not done this in a good while.

7. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

top button and home button til the apple logo appears

8. LoveTheTouch thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I will try the "hard set" when it blacks out again. It could be the connection, but the computer was not affected.

And, it could of been the sites I went to also. Thanks for all the help.

9. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Can you be more specific? When using Safari, does it suddenly go to a black screen and then returns to the home screen? (the screen with the black background and all the icons)

If it does, then it is indeed Safari crashing. I noticed in your other thread you ask about videos on news websites; from my experience I've noticed many news sites tend to use a lot of memory when trying to load, and that could be why it's crashing.

10. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

it is never blacking out if you touch screen continually. I think that something is wrong in yours. if you don't touch for while, it will be dimmed, and finally turned itself off.