Blackjack 2 - Ringtones

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bwiissofly, Dec 30, 2007.

1. bwiissofly macrumors 6502

Anyone else own one of these?

My mom got one for Christmas and really wants me to put a ringtone on it for her (Alicia Keys - No One).

Long story short, I cannot figure out how to put one on it. I definitely figured out how to send a song/mp3 to her phone via bluetooth but for some odd reason, the Blackjack 2 can only make ringtones that are under 300kb.

I have found a hack that works with Windows computers but I do not have one to use in order to do this.

So my questions are:
    1.) Do you own the Blackjack 2?
    2.) Have you successful put a ringtone on it?
    3.) Can you recommend a program that can help me out?

I tried to use Audacity but I could not figure out how to work the darn thing!

:p

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

2. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

Do you have iLife '08?

You can open up the MP3 in GarageBand, trim it to :30 and export it as a lower quality file. (32 or 64kbps mono should be OK for a ringtone)

300KB is standard on all the phones I've seen, except for the iPhone.

I don't have a BlackJack, so I can't help you with specifics on the phone.

3. bwiissofly thread starter macrumors 6502

No, I got my mac back in August 2006 but I will see if it will work in the Garageband that I own.

Thanks for the quick reply!

4. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

I created a ringtone for her and e-mailed it.

For the benefit of the community, I wrote a tutorial on what I did. I'm sure that there's other people that have the same problem.

(I took down the tutorial... sorry!)

5. b.tang macrumors newbie

I actually followed the the tutorial from the website that mikes63737 gave but my garageband is an older version from 2006 and the last few options to change the songs into mp3 format are not available when i click to export to disk it does it right away without the last final steps, if anyone else or if you (mikes63737) know how to do so since i don't have ilife8 that would be great!

6. apple90 macrumors member

Use Audacity!
    It's the best ringtone making software that if free on a Macintosh!

7. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

The ring tone at most only needs to be 23 seconds long because at that point the phone is going to send the caller to voicemail. To be more exact just a hair over 22 secs you get sent to voicemail.

Also it at most only needed to be 64kbps because the speaker on the phone is not that good. Anything higher will sound exactly the same so all you will be doing is wasting more space.

Now it is really easy to do all that in iTunes. First you change the info on the song to say play from sec X to Y. Then say convert the song to MP3 and itunes will make a new file with just 23 sec clip you choose. Make sure you have told itune to compress at 64 kbps. When I make them I use 128kbs mono tone which still comes out at 64kbs since it makes it only one channel. What is the point of doing stero on the phone since it only has one speaker. Doing this it should easily be under the requirements of 300k