blacklit key question

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by billyjoegibsonx, Oct 25, 2008.

1. billyjoegibsonx macrumors 6502

i have the 2.4ghz aluminium macbook. I know its not featured in the 2.0ghz model. The lights on my keyboard were working fine last night, but now their not turning on at all, its switched on in system preferences. when i press the brightness level buttons for it on the keyboard it doesn't go up or down. the only thing i can think of is perhaps cause i drained my battery to 1% last night to calibrate it.

any help on how to get the lights back ? :D

thanks

2. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

I know that on my Penryn MBP the keyboard backlight won't turn on if it's not dark enough - try covering the light sensors (under the speaker grills on my Mac, but I don't where they are on yours) and see if you can turn it on then.

3. Moks macrumors member

hmm... 'blacklit' keys - sounds very 60's to me ;)

4. pw1388 macrumors member

Try cover the iSight area. Your backlight should turn on.

5. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

saw this in an applestore

I saw a girl in the Applestore trigger it, it's located to the left of the iSight camera, there's an almost inperceptable hole next to the lens.

6. jblock macrumors regular

So the keyboard light is hardwired to the ambient light sensor? The setting "automatically adjust brightness as ambient light changes" in the Displays preference has not effect on this.

7. Ryan T. macrumors 6502a

Ryan T.

The keyboard can be controlled both by the ambient light sensor, or adjusted manually if the user chooses. I believe the next time the ambient light changes dramatically the ambient light sensor will override user inputs, but I could be incorrect about that.