BlackMagic disk speed test unreliable on ssd?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jomirrivera, Jul 31, 2012.

1. jomirrivera, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012

jomirrivera macrumors 6502

Hi

I just installed a sandisk ultra SATA II on my macbook pro, of course I used blackmagic disk speed test to see the performance but I'm just getting around 89MB/s write and 120MB/s reads speeds. In the other hand if I use disktester or quick bench 4 (used by anandtech), I get around 220 write and 260 reads!
    I'm worried cause BlackMagic disk speed test app is the most popular and common used app. It is possible that the app does not work well with my ssd?

Please excuse my english

Thanks

2. Ifti macrumors 68000

Hmmm, Ive just installed my new SSD, just editing the video at the moment before it goes onto YouTube, but I also used DiskSpeedTest by Blackmagic.
    My stock HDD was giving me around 100MB/s for both read and write.
    Installed my SSD and ran another speed test using the same utility and got around 390MB/s for write and 480MB/s read.
    I found it pretty reliable!
    Bear in mind Im using a SATA 3 SSD.

3. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

Make sure you use the newest version from the Mac App Store (MAS). Older versions had some problems.

4. klmaj macrumors member

Here are mine with Xbench. I'm using an Intel 520 120GB SSD:

[​IMG]

Please post yours up so we can compare thanks.

5. robvas macrumors 68030

One uses random data and one might use all 0's. Sandforce drives will compress the all 0's and inflate the #'s, which is also what those manufacturers use in their advertised benchmarks.