BlackMagic SSD speed benchmarks

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by lite426, May 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lite426 macrumors regular

Please could owners of the Macbook install the BlackMagic benchmark from the App Store and tell me your results for read and write speed? Also state which capacity hard drive you have.

Thanks.

2. lite426, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015

lite426 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm on an iPod and search function is awful on mobile, can't specify by forum so if I search the generic term "macbook blackmagic" all kinds of posts come up. But yes I did find some posts and the read and write speeds seem pretty crap compared to the new MBPr. Around 200-400 write and 700 read compared with 600/1400 on the MBPr.

3. rahulr macrumors regular

Just ran it and while I didn't shut everything down I'm getting 400/800. But like everything else on this machine I am noticing no impact to my workflow compared to my old rMBP.

Maybe my rMBP was way too overpowered for what I do, maybe this one is just right. But I stopped worrying about benchmarks and scores and things like that.

Maybe I'm just justifying my purchase, or maybe it's truly the right machine for me. At the end of the day this machine does everything I need it to and does it well.

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

500 write/800 read. It took a few cycles to hit 500 write

5. bibyfok macrumors 6502

bibyfok

450/810

6. bmustaf, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
  7. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Mod Note: This thread is closed for now to clean up all the off-topic bickering. When it reopens, please remain civil and on topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.