Blackra!n not working

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by vincetatum, Jul 27, 2010.

1. vincetatum macrumors newbie

I have a 3G Version 3.1.3 firmware 05.12.01. I have been trying to jailbreak using blackra!n but when I run this the "connect to itunes" screen comes up, iTunes opens and tells me that the phone is in restore, and then the jailbreak says that its done.

What am I doing wrong?

2. douflag macrumors member

First of all, there's no such legitimate tool as blackra!n. It's blackra1n; I don't know if you downloaded some fake JB, but wanted to make sure. Second, blackra1n doesn't work with 3.1.3. You need to JB with Spirit. What you could try now is to download TinyUmbrella, and then kick the device out of recovery mode.

If that doesn't work, restore back to 3.1.3, and JB using Spirit.

3. lakshi macrumors regular

Did you say u have a 3g phone? If you did, restore to 4.0.1, jailbreak with redsn0w_win_0.9.5b5-5, then unlock with ultrasn0w...good luck

4. SavMBP15 macrumors 6502

Just use Redsn0w or Pwnage to jailbreak it on 3.1.3. I've never had any problems, then use Ultrasn0w to unlock.

iOS 4 on a 3G iphone is a waste imo.

5. vincetatum thread starter macrumors newbie

I did this and when I select my ipsw file, it says that it can't be recognized. I also downloaded the 4.0_8A293_Restore ipsw and it won't recognize that either.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Thats because blackrain doesnt work with 3.1.3

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Assuming you have a 3G and not a 3GS:

1) Upgrade your 3G to 4.0.1.
    2) Downloaded redsn0w 0.9.5B5-5 and iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw.
    3) Run redsn0w and, when asked to point to your firmware file, point it to the 4.0 firmware you downloaded in step 2, not the 4.0.1 firmware you have installed on your phone.
    4) Follow the on-screen instructions to jailbreak your phone.

8. vincetatum thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys. Just had to move the ipsw file to the redsn0w folder and it worked perfectly. Between this site and a little searching on Google...