Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimmy83

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Portsmouth, UK
Just set up as new again due to me installing ICY/Rock and Cydia which casued me problems... https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/804190/

anyway, trying to JB again and its hanging again on 'running'

tried it in run as XP SP3 under Windows7 aswell

and the iPhone has the iTunes connect to USB(isnt that DFU mode)? :confused:

also ive noticed that if I hold power/home buttons the device then thinks its JB but its not.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA

No, that's regular restore mode. In DFU mode the screen will be completely blank. My guess is you're holding down your power button too long while trying to put it into DFU. Try it again until you get it right.

Tokiopop

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2008
West Yorkshire, UK
DFU mode is where you hold Power & Home for 10 seconds, release Power, and hold Home for another 10 seconds.

It differs from device to device, but that's the general idea. You don't need to be in DFU mode for blackra1n, and if you were, your screen would be blank.

jimmy83

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Portsmouth, UK
No, that's regular restore mode. In DFU mode the screen will be completely blank. My guess is you're holding down your power button too long while trying to put it into DFU. Try it again until you get it right.

I didn't think you have to press anything on the iPhone? Just connect via USB then click on blackra1n?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
According to this tweet, Blackra1n is gonna run smoother on the 3G's soon.

geohot
coming tomorrow, #blackra1n RC2!!! fixed 3G support, tethered ipt2 MC and new 3GS support; icy is already fixed
about 2 hours ago from we
b

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld

If you don't even know this then you shouldn't be jailbreaking. You need to read more guides because messing around cause you will just end up here asking stupid questions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.