Blackra1n jailbreak and reboot

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by xexets, Nov 3, 2009.

1. xexets macrumors newbie

Hello!
    I have a doubt about the blackra1n jailbreak. It is said that blackra1n is a tethered jb, that is, you cannot turn the mobile off, otherwise you lose the jb.
    1) I used it on my 3g, worked a charme, then I rebooted (i.e. sleep button until you see the red swipe and then swipe). The jb was still there with cydia working. Am I getting something wrong?
    2) Say I need to install a cydia app (like appsync) that requires restarting the iphone. I guess I would lose the jb in doing so... should I install the app and the re-run blackra1n from the computer? Does that count as the restart that the app needs? Would that delete the app (it is not an app, but a mod of a core file).
    Sorry for the dumb questions, I am still working my way through the doubts of my new iphone!
    Any help would be much appreciated!

2. King Mook Mook macrumors 6502

I bring good news! The blackra1n jailbreak is not tethered! You can reboot as many times as you like and you will still have the jailbreak!

Hope this helps,
    King Mook Mook

3. xexets thread starter macrumors newbie

nice! thanks for the ultrafast and good news!

4. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

I thought it was tethered for iPod Touch 3G. Or has that changed?

5. ItouchMe macrumors regular

ItouchMe

Your absolutely correct sir. Ipod Touch 3G is tethered, not iPhone 3G. Apparently our friend here can not properly research.

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Blackra1n is only tethered for those devices with new bootrom, not 3G
    1)If Cydia appeared, you are JB
    2)Appsync will not affect your JB as it is made to work with JB phones. Most Cydia apps require at least a respring after install, some require a reboot or restart.