blackra1n - phone restarts

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by radionickhead, Dec 18, 2009.

1. radionickhead macrumors regular

I'm all for jailbreaking, knowing these forums you get a group of people ranting about it e.t.c, so if you are one of these people who are going to say "you have a hacked phone, what do you expect" then you don't need to cause I said it for you - thanks!
    For everyone else, I'm on a 3GS 3.1.2 , been jailbroken for about a month. It's a tethered jailbreak which is where the problem lies... I don't mind jailbreaking every time my battery runs out but in the last month the phone rebooted by itself, today it was on 99% battery - as you can understand that kind of screwed me over today..
    I doubt there is some sort of miracle fix for this, and I have no idea what I may have installed that triggered this but im wondering if anyone else who is on a tethered jailbreak has had any similar problems??
    The first restart was about 2-3 weeks ago, the 2nd today..im crossing my fingers it doesnt make it into a habit.

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

It's really impossible to troubleshoot without some better idea what you may have done that caused it. My recommendation would be to do a complete restore and set up as new phone, then rejailbreak.

3. radionickhead thread starter macrumors regular

I think ill resort to that if it becomes more frequent..
    I'm only wondering if anyone else might've experienced this so I know what may have started it..

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I understand that. But without knowing what you might have done, even if someone else has experienced a similar problem it won't be possible to know that yours was caused by the same issue.