Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MentalZS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2009
Hi all......

I have decided to Jailbreak my iphone 3g and everything went well as in running blackra1n program, then seeing geohutt, then reboot so all done on the installing side.

Problem i have now is, when i go into my iphone, there isnt a Blackra1n icon anywhere to say its been installed onto phone yet my computer said its installed successfully. So where could the icon have gone?
Is there a way round this?
Do i need to install again?

Any help appreciated peeps!! :(

MentalZS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2009
I would suggest a reinstall. You should see a Blackra1n app icon on your phone. During the install, did you see GeoHot's picture on your phone?

Yes matey, the whole Installation process worked fine and as normal, the picture came up and everything, but once all done and then go into your phone the blackra1n logo isnt on the phone, its not there at all!!

If re-install, how would i do this now?

kAoTiX

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
Midlands, UK
Same this happened to me while attempting to jailbreak a friends 3GS. I tried multiple times to run blackra1n and all appeared fine but there was no icon on the springboard.

I can only assume that because it was a 3GS it was too new (as in bootloader ver) to be jailbroken? I honestly don't know though, it was very annoying.

My 3GS is still on 3.0.1 so I haven't tried it on any other 3GS only a 3G.

Does your phone reboot itself after the message pops up on your computer? When I tried first time it didnt reboot by itself, it was stuck on the geohot image and the spinning icon.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Does your phone reboot itself after the message pops up on your computer? When I tried first time it didnt reboot by itself, it was stuck on the geohot image and the spinning icon.

Yes it should reboot itself. How long was it stuck on the geohot pic? It may take a few minutes. If you have a newer 3GS with the new bootrom, it should reboot and go back to the "connect to itunes" screen, at which point you would need to run blackra1n again in order to finish the reboot.

MentalZS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2009
Yes the whole process worked fine, the phone re-booted as normall. Everything went as it should do but then there isnt an icon on the phone and cant find what happened to it :(

Yentrog31 - whats this "go to spotlight..type in black"?????
Is that a program you need on the phone?
Whats spotlight?

javaGuru

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2007
Just curious but do you have any empty spaces for the blackra1n app to be installed to? Would you expect it to be installed on a new page? I have this issue when installing apps from cydia. for some reason if I don't have a space for it to be installed to it will NOT install it to a new page.

MentalZS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2009
Yes matey i got loads of space on many pages so it cant be that side of things but i get what you mean tho matey :eek:

yentrog31

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2009
RGGnDFW
Yes the whole process worked fine, the phone re-booted as normall. Everything went as it should do but then there isnt an icon on the phone and cant find what happened to it :(

Yentrog31 - whats this "go to spotlight..type in black"?????
Is that a program you need on the phone?
Whats spotlight?

YOU have never used spotlight?..wow.....swipe to the right from your homepage and you have spotlight(search your phone)..type in blackra1n and there will be your app/icon.....you can then install cydia or rock or blacksn0w....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.