blackrain stuck at geohot face (complicated)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by emout5, Apr 3, 2010.

1. emout5 macrumors newbie

What happened:?????

-I was using a blackrain jailbreaked iphone 3gs 32gb.
    -Then i found sbsettings application which was great. i installed it.
    -I formated my macbook pro (i had to do it for my works)
    -When i plug in my iphone it synchronized and backed up apllications and other stuff.
    -My sbsettings was hiding my appstore icon on my iphone. I wanted to show it on the menu. So when i do it i had to refresh springboard.
    -When it was refreshing it it got stuck on the turning wheel.
    -I closed iphone with home sleep buttons.
    -Because i use a new version, i had to restore it with blackrain.
    -When i do it it, iphone got stuck on the geohots face (the splash screen).
    -i cant restore it now...

I wanted to restore the firmware so i tried to restore 3.1.2 but itunes gave the error of 3194. The weird thing is i had pressed the "make my life easer"
    before on cydia. So what should i do now. I am really confused...

note:also itunes says iphone has the latest software installed but if it was true i wouldnt do blackrain or redsnow (they are working but iphone allways returns to restore screen)

please help me...

2. mreddys10 macrumors regular

Try to do a 'hard reset' on the phone first. You can find instructions on how to do that here: http://www.wikihow.com/Hard-Reset-an-iPhone

After that, your phone should come back to the 'connect to iTunes' screen. then, try running blackra1n again.

Do you have a tethered or untethered jailbreak?

If all else fails, you can still restore your phone to 3.1.2 (since you have your SHSH store on cydia) and then re-jailbreak. When did you press the "make my life easier" button? Before Feb 2010 or after?

Here are the instructions to restore back to 3.1.2 using saurik's method: http://www.saurik.com/id/12