BlackSn0w Activation question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Applejuiced, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

When you use Blacksnow and have an official AT&T simcard in it does it hacktivate the iphone or activate it officially?
    I dont want to have to deal with any pushfix's since I already have a valid AT&T Sim to use.
    I know with Pwnage you could choose in the settings to hactivate the device or leave it unactivated.
    Thanks for any input.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    From what I read on GeoHot's blog, if blackra1n already sees the phone is activated, it doesn't hacktivate it.

3. himni macrumors regular

If you are using an official att sim then it will skip the hacktivation and you don't have to worry about it. There is a simple fix for the push and youtube problem you just have to add repo http://cydia.iphoneil.net/ and install 'Push Fix'.

4. Applejuiced thread starter macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh I see.
    So for example you restore or install the latest 3.1.2 and then let it activate on its own with a valid Simcard before running Blacksnow.
    Once its activated officially blacksnow doesnt hactivate it.
    Thanks for the info.

5. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Blacksn0w doesn't hacktivate anyway. It's blackra1n that hacktivates, during the jailbreak process. If it didn't, you wouldn't be able to get past the emergency calls screen to even install blacksn0w. Just make sure you don't run blackra1n until after you've officially activated, and you will be fine.

6. Applejuiced thread starter macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced