Blacksn0w just quit working today

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ssajous, Apr 19, 2010.

1. ssajous macrumors member

Yesterday my cell service dropped has it has been doing every once in a while lately except that this time around I had to reboot the my iphone unlocked 3gs (3.1.3) for it to come back. Today it did it again, I rebooted, the service never came back and my wifi went away.

I used to have the wifi problem before so I uninstalled blacksn0w and it came back. How ever, even after several attempts at reinstalling blacksn0w and several reboots in between, my cell service is gone for good.

Any advice? This has never happened to me before, I am ready to unjailbreak and start all over again, but I would rather not.

Also, every time I install blacksn0w now the phone says " Searching..." and my wifi stops working. It is also worth noting that I have not installed anything new at all on my phone lately.

Anyone have any wisdom for me?

2. mreddys10 macrumors regular

Install blacksn0w RC2 from this repo: cydia.pushfix.info. If that does not fix it, the you might have to restore and then install RC2

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. ssajous thread starter macrumors member

BS Rc2 is what I had installed in the first place. Since I really need my phone I started from scratch and it does the same thing. When I install it it just says Searching... And it always kills my wifi now. This really sucks. This was working for a couple of weeks with 3.1.3. For a long time before that with 3.1.2

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

hmmm

I didn't realize that Blacksn0w even worked on 3.1.3 3GS or even Blackra1n or and other jb tools so the fact that your phone worked at all is pretty cool! use Cydia to go back to 3.1.2 if you can! ;)

6. ssajous thread starter macrumors member

If you look around you will find that a lot of people were able to do it like I did. But at the same time there are a LOT of people out there complaining that they get the searching... issue and there is not one solution proposed that I can find.

7. mreddys10 macrumors regular