Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ufcfighter

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2010
Now everyone interested in the Blade case, I apologize for interrupting your discussion about this case. I will let you guys get back on topic. I look forward to the pictures and reviews.

ufcfighter

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2010
I have to disagree with you and puzzled as to why you have all these issues. Yes some aluminum case might have some issues with signal and gps but nothing as dramatic as you make it seems. My vapor works fine, no issues at all, not even 1 bar drop and gps is excellent. So stop saying all aluminum cases don't work.I can tell if it work or not and I don't have to listen to anyone's testing to know.So save all your links to geardiary's test as I do real world testing everyday and I have no problem .
Where are you located? And sorry for giving you REAL expert testing. It probably does not compare to your real world testing.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
I have to disagree with you and puzzled as to why you have all these issues. Yes some aluminum case might have some issues with signal and gps but nothing as dramatic as you make it seems. My vapor works fine, no issues at all, not even 1 bar drop and gps is excellent. So stop saying all aluminum cases don't work.I can tell if it work or not and I don't have to listen to anyone's testing to know.So save all your links to geardiary's test as I do real world testing everyday and I have no problem .So I'm pretty satisfied with all the aluminum cases that's why I just order this Blade case.

And funny enough...He uses GearDiary/Greenberg to show that the Vapor case doesn't work, but yet when the same person says another all aluminum case does work, that doesn't count.

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
Where are you located? And sorry for giving you REAL expert testing. It probably does not compare to your real world testing.

I"m in New York. So I think that either you move here or change your carrier because I don't have any problem at all.;)
Oh yea ,the expert testing doesn't means crap to me because it's totally different with my experiences.

Big Ben

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2010
Because 5 have tried, 5 have failed! Plus its just physics, its nearly impossible for a signal to pass through aluminum. A very strong signal will, but GPS won't and 3G wont. Signal might depending on how strong the signal is.

I could say a lot about your scientific analysis of this, but I’ll leave it at I am glad that you have such a great understanding of physics.
I’m just glad you were not responsible for designing the light bulb or anything of significance.

The way I see it is that Element originally stated that their phone would actually help the signal. They probably assumed it was like aluminum foil on your rabbit ears on your TV. They were selling a case before they had even made one. They obviously know a lot more about selling and marketing then about ethics and product design. Beyond their design I have seen other companies make knock offs of the same design. So, I would understand why those would not work.

Kinetic gave me a clear description on how they handled the problem and how they tested prototypes for months to develop a case that would not affect my signal more than the silicone case that I got from Apple. In the end they said if I don’t like it to return it. I have no reason to not trust their statements. If my case does not work I will gladly tell everyone and return the case.

I'm glad you found a plastic case that you are happy with.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
Who do you have contact with at Kinetic? I'd like to get some info about that case as well. I'm liking that design. I'm interested in this Blade case, but I don't like the fact that there's not a US distributor (yet). Too much of a nightmare to return if you have to go that route. I'll be testing the e13ctron aluminum case next week to see how it stacks up.

I could say a lot about your scientific analysis of this, but I’ll leave it at I am glad that you have such a great understanding of physics.
I’m just glad you were not responsible for designing the light bulb or anything of significance.

The way I see it is that Element originally stated that their phone would actually help the signal. They probably assumed it was like aluminum foil on your rabbit ears on your TV. They were selling a case before they had even made one. They obviously know a lot more about selling and marketing then about ethics and product design. Beyond their design I have seen other companies make knock offs of the same design. So, I would understand why those would not work.

Kinetic gave me a clear description on how they handled the problem and how they tested prototypes for months to develop a case that would not affect my signal more than the silicone case that I got from Apple. In the end they said if I don’t like it to return it. I have no reason to not trust their statements. If my case does not work I will gladly tell everyone and return the case.

ufcfighter

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2010
And funny enough...He uses GearDiary/Greenberg to show that the Vapor case doesn't work, but yet when the same person says another all aluminum case does work, that doesn't count.
Did greenburg or gear diary do the scientific review? Nope. That was done by a private contractor! The test was done in Cedar Park Texas by ETS Lindgren. They are experts in what they do and that is all they do. They test a variety of things but they are experts in this field.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
Did greenburg or gear diary do the scientific review? Nope. That was done by a private contractor! The test was done in Cedar Park Texas by ETS Linggren. They are experts in what they do and that is all they do. They test a variety of things but they are experts in this field.

But aren't you linking to both of those (GearDiary and Greenberg...he's part of GearDiary) above to show that the Vapor didn't work? If their opinion is good enough when criticizing one product, why is it not when saying another product is good? So you pick and choose what people say to fit a certain agenda? You can't use their opinion to validate one product, then discredit what they say when they like another product because "he isn't a professional tester", or whatever you're trying to say.

Big Ben

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2010
Who do you have contact with at Kinetic? I'd like to get some info about that case as well. I'm liking that design. I'm interested in this Blade case, but I don't like the fact that there's not a US distributor (yet). Too much of a nightmare to return if you have to go that route. I'll be testing the e13ctron aluminum case next week to see how it stacks up.

I emailed their info@ address and got a reply back from tim@kineticcase.com
It looks like he answeres their tech questions because I got sales type questions answered from their info@kineticcase.com address.

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
From the pictures, the ec13tron fit and finish looks superb. But it made the ip4 looks too much like a 3g. If anyone had ordered one please post some more pictures because I'm pretty interested in it.

ufcfighter

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2010

So basically your going off their word? Have they provided you with ANY scientific test to back up any of their theory's? Have them test it with a real lab that can test everything like how much it degrades signal, wifi strength, GPS interference. Of course they are going to tell you all that, they are in the business of selling cases. Do you honestly think they would tell you if their case hurt the performance of your phone? My god, some of you people. Sounds just like the alumacase thread all over again. People swore and swore it was going to work and alumacase showed up and posted their fancy video and we all bit and bought one and guess what? It was the worst case that pretty much everyone has used. So if I told you I had a pop sickle that I could sell you that would never melt, would you believe me? Cause it kinda sounds like your gullible.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
From the pictures, the ec13tron fit and finish looks superb. But it made the ip4 looks too much like a 3g. If anyone had ordered one please post some more pictures because I'm pretty interested in it.

I don't think anyone has received their e13cton yet. I think "bighabeeb" from the forums here is the first one sent out, and I think he will receive it today. He's going to do a review of it, so I'd say he'll have it up soon.

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
Did greenburg or gear diary do the scientific review? Nope. That was done by a private contractor! The test was done in Cedar Park Texas by ETS Lindgren. They are experts in what they do and that is all they do. They test a variety of things but they are experts in this field.

Seriously Ufc , Just stop all your expert reviews whatever. Like I said ,I don't need anyone to tell me if my case work or not. I can tell on my own.

ufcfighter

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2010
But aren't you linking to both of those (GearDiary and Greenberg...he's part of GearDiary) above to show that the Vapor didn't work? If their opinion is good enough when criticizing one product, why is it not when saying another product is good? So you pick and choose what people say to fit a certain agenda? You can't use their opinion to validate one product, then discredit what they say when they like another product because "he isn't a professional tester", or whatever you're trying to say.
No actually I provided you with a link that had several cases in it and a video done by a professional facility to show even more proof. How much do you want. All greenburg does is give his opinion, no facts. He provided 0 facts in his raw review. Not 1. ETS provided a video of 100 percent facts that are completely scientific, no human interaction. Pure numbers that are 100 percent accurate no matter where they live. And the only reason I posted the link to gear diary is because they are the ones who had the test done in the first place.

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
I don't think anyone has received their e13cton yet. I think "bighabeeb" from the forums here is the first one sent out, and I think he will receive it today. He's going to do a review of it, so I'd say he'll have it up soon.

Thanks

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
No actually I provided you with a link that had several cases in it and a video done by a professional facility to show even more proof. How much do you want. All greenburg does is give his opinion, no facts. He provided 0 facts in his raw review. Not 1. ETS provided a video of 100 percent facts that are completely scientific, no human interaction. Pure numbers that are 100 percent accurate no matter where they live. And the only reason I posted the link to gear diary is because they are the ones who had the test done in the first place.
What the hell?? If you don't like the way Greenberg does his reviews....then why in the hell are you linking to him and Gear Diary to show their comments on the Vapor? You realize he's the "Larry" in Gear Diary, right?

bighabeeb

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2010

I posted up a minireview in another thread. Love the look, but have some concerns about how signal is effected. There's definitely some signal loss caused by the case, but until I have a chance to do some thorough testing i'm not going to say definitively either way how much.

I really want it to be minimal, I happen to really REALLY like the look of this thing!

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
So basically your going off their word? Have they provided you with ANY scientific test to back up any of their theory's? Have them test it with a real lab that can test everything like how much it degrades signal, wifi strength, GPS interference. Of course they are going to tell you all that, they are in the business of selling cases. Do you honestly think they would tell you if their case hurt the performance of your phone? My god, some of you people. Sounds just like the alumacase thread all over again. People swore and swore it was going to work and alumacase showed up and posted their fancy video and we all bit and bought one and guess what? It was the worst case that pretty much everyone has used. So if I told you I had a pop sickle that I could sell you that would never melt, would you believe me? Cause it kinda sounds like your gullible.

The guy just said that's what they told him. He can return the case if he's not satisfied. I don't think he's being gullible. As for you, you seems to believe whatever atomic told you!

bighabeeb

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2010
The guy just said that's what they told him. He can return the case if he's not satisfied. I don't think he's being gullible. As for you, you seems to believe whatever atomic told you!

Kaikai - despite his loyalty to Atomic his point is valid. Not a single one of these case manufacturers has come out and said "Hey, we have this great new aluminum case. It will look fantastic but may screw your reception". On the contrary, alumacase, e13ctron, vapor have all either said "No, it won't impact signal" or "we redesigned so it wont impact signal" or "We designed it to IMPROVE signal".

Something to appreciate about atomic that goes contrary to that is this posting next to each and every one of their non hybrids: "DISCLAIMER: This case is all aluminum (metal) and may or may not affect your signal strenghths. Those in signal sensitive areas should consider our composite hybrid cases."

Now look, I'm not going to say the blade sucks and destroys reception: it's a different design and I haven't had an opportunity to play with one. It's similar enough to the e13ctron that I'll draw my own conclusions once I spend some quality time with the new case...however you can't argue that each of these companies have come out, cranked out aluminum cases with all kinds of claims, only to see the same issue occur that has happened with all the others (to varying degrees). Hell Exovault has the 6 which they say is DESIGNED for low reception areas and you know what? It was the worst of the bunch I've tested.

So before you start pounding on UFC (and UFC you can help yourself by letting some test numbers come out before passing judgement) lets keep in mind: it's not like he doesn't have enough experience to base his comments on. We've all ordered and been burnt by these cases already (those of us in middlin reception areas at least).

ufcfighter

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2010
And it worked, just like they said it would.

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
Kaikai - despite his loyalty to Atomic his point is valid. Not a single one of these case manufacturers has come out and said "Hey, we have this great new aluminum case. It will look fantastic but may screw your reception". On the contrary, alumacase, e13ctron, vapor have all either said "No, it won't impact signal" or "we redesigned so it wont impact signal" or "We designed it to IMPROVE signal".

Something to appreciate about atomic that goes contrary to that is this posting next to each and every one of their non hybrids: "DISCLAIMER: This case is all aluminum (metal) and may or may not affect your signal strenghths. Those in signal sensitive areas should consider our composite hybrid cases."

Now look, I'm not going to say the blade sucks and destroys reception: it's a different design and I haven't had an opportunity to play with one. It's similar enough to the e13ctron that I'll draw my own conclusions once I spend some quality time with the new case...however you can't argue that each of these companies have come out, cranked out aluminum cases with all kinds of claims, only to see the same issue occur that has happened with all the others (to varying degrees). Hell Exovault has the 6 which they say is DESIGNED for low reception areas and you know what? It was the worst of the bunch I've tested.

So before you start pounding on UFC (and UFC you can help yourself by letting some test numbers come out before passing judgement) lets keep in mind: it's not like he doesn't have enough experience to base his comments on. We've all ordered and been burnt by these cases already (those of us in middlin reception areas at least).

I agree with you but ufc keeps saying all the aluminum cases don't work. Maybe for him but don't sounded like that's for everyone. I've bought all these cases and use it everyday so I should know if it works or not. Don't tell me my cases don't work.

ufcfighter

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2010
I agree with you but ufc keeps saying all the aluminum cases don't work. Maybe for him but don't sounded like that's for everyone. I've bought all these cases and use it everyday so I should know if it works or not. Don't tell me my cases don't work.
Seriously, what part of 99 PERCENT don't you get? I don't care if you say it works, the professionals that do this for a living said it degrades the signal by 99%. Are they lying to all of us? Did someone pay them to make up these numbers? Common dude, you may live right under a tower. That's the only way your reception is not affected.

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
I think you guys should complain to At&t because it seems like their service is suck all over the country. I think all the problems is with At&t as not so much with the cases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.