I received my Blade case yesterday. I installed it and modified it. The following are the results. 1. With an Apple bumper I got 4 bars. 2. With an Element Vapor case (over months) I got 4 bars. 3. With the Blade case not modified I got 1-2 bars. 4. With the Blade case modified I got 4 bars. The modification is the addition of 3M Super 88 tape to all metal to metal contact points inside the case. This was very tedious, applying very thinly cut strips of the tape. This definitely tells me that as designed this case puts a big hit on reception. This isn't scientific but its accurate enough for me. By the way where I keep my phone at home I get a pretty good signal.