Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

godkorg

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Possibly the baddest design so far lol I cant wait to see the hands on reviews of this!

It has a lot of the features some of you have been wishing for and then some... spotted on gizmodo this morning.

HIS IS LEVITATR™

THE FIRST KEYBOARD WITH ELEVATING KEYS.

FEATURING A BUILT-IN ALUMINUM KICKSTAND.

BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY.

MEASURING
ONLY 12.5mm THICK.

WITH LED
BACKLIGHTING.

AND A PRECISION-MACHINED ALUMINUM CHASSIS.

d2.jpg

g2.jpg

d3.jpg

Levitatr via Gizmodo

jsh1120

macrumors 65816
Jun 1, 2011
Definitely a 10 on the cool factor. Have to say though that it strikes me as a triumph of form over function. And I have to wonder about the durability of such a design. Long way to go before it's funded much less put into production. Will be interesting to watch.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
My thoughts? Really bulky and simply unnecessary. I'd be surprised if the Kickstarted project gets fully funded.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
I agree. Too thick and bulky. I prefer Apple's Keyboard; the one without the port plug. I would love a case that can accommodate it.

There are a number of them, starting with Incase's Origami Workstation. Try a search of this forum on "Apple Wireless Keyboard" and you should turn up a couple. At least one of them that also held the iPad, not just the keyboard, was posted in the last two weeks or so; I and several others discussed it, just can't remember the name right now.

The "Blade Runner" one does nothing at all for me, but from watching the Kickstarter funding so far, it obviously has a geek quotient going for it, because I think they're not going to have trouble reaching their goal at this rate.

Bob Maxey

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2011
There are a number of them, starting with Incase's Origami Workstation. Try a search of this forum on "Apple Wireless Keyboard" and you should turn up a couple. At least one of them that also held the iPad, not just the keyboard, was posted in the last two weeks or so; I and several others discussed it, just can't remember the name right now.

The "Blade Runner" one does nothing at all for me, but from watching the Kickstarter funding so far, it obviously has a geek quotient going for it, because I think they're not going to have trouble reaching their goal at this rate.

I bought my Apple KB because it is thin, light weight, and it fits my bag. I have discovered that the iPad soft keyboard works quite well, so I hardly use the KB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.