Blank App Icon to arrange icons on homescreen

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iToNe24, Oct 20, 2011.

1. iToNe24 macrumors regular

iToNe24

My phone is not jailbroken being that it is the 4s but in the meantime i was wondering if there was a way for me to install an application that does nothing and installs blank icons on the homescreen .. that way u can align icons on homescreen with gaps. Its annoying that they default to aline to grid .. i would like to leave middle of screen blank to view wallpaper

possible?

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

jailbroken = yes very possible

not jailbroken = never seen a way to do it

3. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

I think you'd have to have a black box app be submitted to the App Store...

Find it hard to believe something like that would be approved by the Apple Store Gods...

4. iToNe24 thread starter macrumors regular

iToNe24

thank you for the information ... when JB does come around .. would u know how ? that way i can prepare and read up on it .. thanks

5. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

i use grid lock from cydia its 99 cents you dont need blank icons your can drag and drop anwhere on the screen that an icon is meant to be

there is a free app that actualls add blank icons thats you move around giving the same idea as Grid Lock but takes more moving of icons to do the same thing for 99 cents

6. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Using iBlank and MultiIconMover in Cydia, you can achieve this. It's a little more time intensive than Gridlock is but the two apps above are free. I suggest you get Gridlock as it's well worth the money.

And once the new JB comes out, don't worry, the Hacks section here will blow up with dozens of threads about it. Be patient.