Blank App Icon

The Tos

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
Buffalo, New York
Ever since upgrading to watch os 4.0 and my 7plus 11.0.2, when I receive a notification on my watch for Facebook or Snapchat the app icon is the blank, white icon. Its the icon you would see when an app is installing on your phone. I have done a restart on both watch and phone. Ideas?

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
Ohio
This question is literally popping up by the hour around here. It’s come up a lot, which you’ll notice if you search this issue on these forums. No one is sure why this is happening, however it’s thought to be an issue on the developer’s end.

Mhn2

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2014
Ever since upgrading to watch os 4.0 and my 7plus 11.0.2, when I receive a notification on my watch for Facebook or Snapchat the app icon is the blank, white icon. Its the icon you would see when an app is installing on your phone. I have done a restart on both watch and phone. Ideas?
I've noticed the same problem on my Series 3 LTE and first gen AW. AppleCare couldn't give me an answer as to why.

rajat8676

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2013
Same with my S0, Facebook and LinkedIn coming up with the white grid icon. Looks like apps which are not on the watch face this issue.

gludwig

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2014
It seems pretty random for me. I'm running the latest OS on both my Watch and my iPhone. Some of the notifications I get from news apps that aren't on my Watch are fine, others (e.g., Guardian) have only a wireframe generic icon. Annoying, for sure.

IMG_7319.PNG