Blank DVD-R's not reading

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Chad H, May 17, 2009.

1. Chad H macrumors 6502a

Chad H

Hey guys,
    I got my Mac Pro about 1 week ago. I got the BTO of 2 super drives. Well, I just tried burning an ISO and when I put in a blank dvd it won't pick it up to burn the file. I have tried with Memorex DVD+R's and Sony DVD-R's. Neither will work. Now the weird thing is regular dvd's work, games, and even Windows 7. Also I have toast 10 and it will pick it up but when I choose ISO and drop the ISO in it, it then says it can't burn audio tracks or some warning. Anyway, can someone help me? Any help would be greatly appreciated!:)

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Will it burn CD's? Will it do DVD's that aren't .isos (like just dropping a bunch of data onto a disk)?

3. Chad H thread starter macrumors 6502a

Chad H

Haven't tried that. But its like OSX isn't recognizing it. I should be able to do it in burner. If I boot into Windows 7 it recognizes it when I stick it in. It asks me what to do with this blank DVD, OSX doesn't.

4. Chad H thread starter macrumors 6502a

Chad H

Any help on this guys? Nothing happens in OSX when I insert a blank DVD. Now in windows 7 it will recognize it so I know the SD is working properly. They read/rip data fine. Its gotta be something small. Im using Sony DVD-R's. I have also tried DVD+R that were memorex and a little on the older side but still no go.

5. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

What do you have your System Preferences set to do when you insert a blank DVD?

6. Chad H thread starter macrumors 6502a

Chad H

I'll have to check on that. I would imagine this has to be a settings problem if both drives read dvd's, dvd-r's, and cd's.

7. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

If both drives are working properly in Windows for both read/write, it's probably your preferences. Check System Preferences --> CDs & DVDs. You might have blank discs set to "Ignore."