Blank emails

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by D4F, Mar 20, 2009.

1. D4F Guest

D4F

I'm getting quite a few of those lately.
    No sender no nothing. Plain blank.

Anybody with similar or same issues?

2. Macsterguy macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

I have been receiving 4-6 0f these daily... very strange. Clicking on long headers reveals some info that really is useful.

3. Victoria2 macrumors newbie

4. Macsterguy macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

This APPEARS TO BE SPAM and the best thing to do is to delete them immediately!

There is a suggestion that these come from a spammer trying to validate an email address. See: http://www.ehmac.ca/anything-mac/3291-i-keep-getting-these-blank-emails-what.html

From the Apple Discussion Boards: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1925198&tstart=0

There is a suggestion to set up a rule to move them to junk (personally I don't like this, I shouldn't have to set up rules to deal with spam/system errors). This Apple thread also seems to confirm that it's MobileMe related.

Not really much of an answer...

5. DLH macrumors member

It's not just a problem with MobileMe.

I have seen a few of these at my work address. Those are getting past MXLogic's spam filtering.

6. kenrobin macrumors regular

A friend of mine contacted Apple recently and was told that the messages don't begin as blank. They are actually spam that has had their data filtered out before they arrive to your inbox. He said the messages should be harmless and that you should go ahead & delete them. Apple is working on a fix that will prevent them from arriving to our inboxes.

7. xJennaa macrumors newbie

Im unable to delete them, it wont allow me