Blank front home screen keeps being deleted for no reason

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by agallowa, Aug 3, 2010.

1. agallowa macrumors regular

agallowa

ok i did my jailbreak flawlessly and everything has been going great. the only grip i have that i cant seem to figure out whats going on is that for no reason my blank home screen i am using with just showing the wallpaper and the dock buttons and all other folders/apps on the second page will be deleted when i come back from doing something like safari or whatever it may be. i go back to my home screen and all my apps are showing up on the front page instead of it being blank with just the dock buttons. hope i havent confused everyone. any help is appreciated though thanks again from a jailbreak newbie.:D

2. iPunish901 macrumors 6502

iPunish901

same way for me. it worked for a while, then i noticed last night that all my folders were on the first page and my hot chick wallpaper was covered up for good. :(

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

do you have blank apps as a placeholder?

iOS doesn't allow for blank pages unless they come after pages with apps.

4. agallowa thread starter macrumors regular

agallowa

looks like its every time the springboard refreshes is whats causing it. so your telling me i cant have a blank front home screen at all while jailbreaked? thats stupid if thats the case. is there something that is avaialble to fix this? i really like having the front page blank and it sucks if that cant happen now.

5. acssprez1 macrumors newbie

6. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

Not entirely true as there is a way.

There is a way to do it without blank icons. In ios 4 the blank icons look ugly because they leave a dark shadow on the homescreen. I noticed that the winterboard theme that comes with iBlank to remove the shadows didn't work for me.

Anyway,

1. Move all of your icons to other pages of your homescreen EXCEPT one folder and one regular icon.
    2. Now take the one icon and move it into the folder and move the folder to one of the other pages. The first page should be blank and stay blank. If not then I don't know what is going on because it's been working great for me.

7. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I believe that LockInfo and similar apps like Intelliscreen may be the culprits. My blank first page kept getting deleted too when the springboard restarted, so I decided to remove LockInfo to see if that helped. Before I removed it via Cydia, my 3 pages had been cut down to 2 and I had folders and icons on my first page. After removing it and restarting the springboard, I had all 3 pages back, including the blank first page.