Blank Home Screen, possible??

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by aaagat111, Dec 6, 2007.

1. aaagat111 macrumors regular

aaagat111

I have jailbroken my iPod touch and have had it for a month or two now so have customized some stuff on it and understand what I am doing for the most part.

Is there a way where I could have a home screen that has no icons except in the dock, and then using springboard I will have the icons on the second page. I would want to do this because I have a cool background on my home screen but also because I have all the apps I use in my dock, and therefore would like a clean look.

Possible, suggestions, thought??

-Alex

2. hecks macrumors regular

3. caubeck macrumors 6502

Use Customise to blank out the screen icons, but after installing Dock to access them from the bottom right-hand corner.

I just tested whether Dock accesses missing icons, and it does.

This isn't exactly what you want. Don't blame me if it goes wrong, but this is the only way I see. Let us know what happens.

4. --Wolf-- macrumors regular

Install 12 useless apps and make transparent icons for them, hide the text and then skip last row. Hassle, but it should work, right?

5. aaagat111 thread starter macrumors regular

aaagat111

Wait how do I customize the icons of the individual apps again, i have to do that through the SSH connection? Is there any easy way to change the icon of the apps other than changing the files one by one. (guessing no)