Blank icons after each re-spring

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by GoCubsGo, May 7, 2010.

1. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I found a thread from 2008 that discussed this issue, however, it does not appear that the thread really resolved the issue I seem to be having.

Each time I re-spring I get about 9 blank icons. I can delete them but they come right back after I re-spring. I've looked within Cydia to find out if I have anything that suggests blank icons are installed as a suggestion in another thread but I'm unable to locate why this is occurring suddenly. It only began after I installed HTC Clock Springboard (I thought to be the culprit), which I have uninstalled to resolve the issue with no success.

2. impulse462 macrumors 68000

impulse462

The blank icons are installed from your HTC theme.

I had this problem once too and I just ended up restoring. There might be a way to ssh into and delete the theme, but I couldn't find a way.

Sorry for the vague response :/ i haven't been on the iphone scene in a while.

3. GoCubsGo thread starter macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

No you're right. I mean in the respects that they're residual icons from the HTC theme. I uninstalled the theme, rebooted and they're still there. To your point, looks like I'll have to get rid of them through SSH or restore. Thanks!

4. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

If you think they're blank "webclips" (I added one of these, and it seems to keep multiplying), I'll find the ssh path when I get home and let you know how I finally removed mine.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

If you have the requisite amount of pages, you might try sending them past the last page. This will essentially get them out of your hair, even though they won't be exactly gone. Or you could just make 12 pages by moving some apps around, move the invisible ones to the "13th," and then rearrange back to what you had.

6. pprshell macrumors member

pprshell

I've been having a similar problem. Using Spirit and if I install a complete theme or any theme, the icons are the custom made ones, just the Apple installed ones.

How can I fix this? Thanks!