Blank icons after jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cclloyd, Jan 21, 2012.

1. cclloyd macrumors 68000

cclloyd

At random, an icon appears blank on my homescreen for some time. It doesn't last long (10 min max), but it's always 1 icon, and a random icon.

In this photo it's the Phone app.

IMG_0148.PNG

2. badassdes macrumors newbie

I had the same problem... a reboot took care of it.

3. cclloyd thread starter macrumors 68000

cclloyd

Just restarting springboard works, but I'm wondering if there's a way to stop it from ever happening.

4. P51 macrumors regular

What did you do? I just jb my 4s, and have never owned an iPhone before. I turned my phone off then back on, but its still white.

5. TestedLion macrumors member

you can try this:

Sometimes it´s necessary to clean the icon cache of the iPhone: var/mobile/Libary/Caches/com.apple.IconsCache/....Delete all files in here...

6. P51 macrumors regular

Honestly I have no idea what that means, I come from android phones. I assume its through the computer, but I have no idea how to do that on a windows computer an a iPhone.

7. geoff2005 macrumors member

i also have a weird problem, on the lock screen my date and time disappeared.

8. TestedLion macrumors member

ahhh...sorry.

There is an app called iFile. I believe it's a pay app. However, there very well may be free apps that let you navigate through your iPhone's file & folder system.

this:

var/mobile/Libary/Caches/com.apple.IconsCache/

is just the path to go to to get to your icon cache. If you delete those, your white icon problem may go away. After I installed the theme I have installed, I had a couple of white icons. I used iFile to delete that cache, and the white icons changed to their themed icons.

iFile is available through Cydia.

9. zaxdude macrumors 6502

Installing something via Cydia usually corrects it...even if the installation doesn't require a respring