Blank icons after jailbreak

cclloyd

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2011
Alpha Centauri A
At random, an icon appears blank on my homescreen for some time. It doesn't last long (10 min max), but it's always 1 icon, and a random icon.

In this photo it's the Phone app.

IMG_0148.PNG

P51

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2009
Just restarting springboard works, but I'm wondering if there's a way to stop it from ever happening.
What did you do? I just jb my 4s, and have never owned an iPhone before. I turned my phone off then back on, but its still white.

TestedLion

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2011
What did you do? I just jb my 4s, and have never owned an iPhone before. I turned my phone off then back on, but its still white.
you can try this:

Sometimes it´s necessary to clean the icon cache of the iPhone: var/mobile/Libary/Caches/com.apple.IconsCache/....Delete all files in here...

P51

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2009
you can try this:

Sometimes it´s necessary to clean the icon cache of the iPhone: var/mobile/Libary/Caches/com.apple.IconsCache/....Delete all files in here...
Honestly I have no idea what that means, I come from android phones. I assume its through the computer, but I have no idea how to do that on a windows computer an a iPhone.

TestedLion

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2011
Honestly I have no idea what that means, I come from android phones. I assume its through the computer, but I have no idea how to do that on a windows computer an a iPhone.

ahhh...sorry.

There is an app called iFile. I believe it's a pay app. However, there very well may be free apps that let you navigate through your iPhone's file & folder system.

this:

var/mobile/Libary/Caches/com.apple.IconsCache/

is just the path to go to to get to your icon cache. If you delete those, your white icon problem may go away. After I installed the theme I have installed, I had a couple of white icons. I used iFile to delete that cache, and the white icons changed to their themed icons.

iFile is available through Cydia.

zaxdude

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
Installing something via Cydia usually corrects it...even if the installation doesn't require a respring

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.