General Blank Icons iOS5

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mess, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Mess macrumors 6502

Mess

Now I know its early days since the Gm has only just been released but I am playing around already

I have created blank icons using iBlank and thats worked great, but has left those nasty shadows lurking...

so off into shsh to the file system and into /system/library/coreservices/springboard.app
    In the Spingboard.app there should be the 'WallpaperIconShadow.png' files. There are three - that was in iOS4 - but in iOS5 here there are 2.

I have deleted them and rebooted but this hasnt cleared the shadow :confused:

Any ideas?

Please dont suggest Winterboard. I like to mod without that junk! :p

2. ReVision macrumors newbie

I'm Having the exact same problem, even found some other shadows wich i deleted just in case. I've also tried it with winterboard remove icon shadows but no luck. Anyone figure this one out by chance?

3. enzom21 macrumors 6502

You need to clear the image cache /var/mobile/library/Caches/com.apple.springboard.sharedimagecache/Persistent

4. Mess thread starter macrumors 6502

Mess

Thank you so much! just done that and it works a charm! :cool:

5. zini69 macrumors newbie

Hi!

I cannot clear the image cache in Persistent folder ...
    After deleting and respringing/rebooting all files are back and the shadow does not go away. :mad:

Any idea?

6. sagar4995 macrumors 6502a

sagar4995

Yes. Download "No Icon Shadows - iBlank" from cydia and apply through winter board. g'luck!

7. serveradmnstrtr macrumors member

Does Gridlock work in iOS 6? I always used that instead of iBlank so I can move icons around the Springboard without worrying about shadows or unnecessary blank icons.

8. sagar4995 macrumors 6502a

sagar4995

no idea bout that buddy. im running 5.1.1 and gridlock is a paid tweak, so i dont have that. iblank is free and free = :)
    my wife's ios is 6 but her phone's not jailbroken... so no way to know.
    and besides, as far as i know... ios6 doesnt have a jb out yet... not a stable one at least... or has this changed??