Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Original poster
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
I can't find any way to add blank icons to my homescreen outside of hacking my phone. All blank webclip icon threads I've come across refer to sites that no longer exist.

Are there any active blank webclip icon web pages?

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Original poster
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
I hate to bump my own thread, but it's been a couple of days.

Does the silence mean that blank webclip icons no longer work? Or simply there aren't any websites with such an icon? I find the latter hard to believe.

The Californian

macrumors 68040
Jan 17, 2009
Surfers Paradise
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

For some reason I feel like I remember reading somewhere that they no longer work. I blew it off at the time since I don't use them - but it doesn't really make sense why they wouldn't work.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
I hate to bump my own thread, but it's been a couple of days.

Does the silence mean that blank webclip icons no longer work? Or simply there aren't any websites with such an icon? I find the latter hard to believe.

...the only one that I know still works on the iPhone 4 without hacks is if you go to this address on your iPhone : iempty.tooliphone.net

This site will add black icons (ok - I know they're not exactly blank but if you have a black wallpaper, then the icons work as if they were blank!)

;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.