Blank NULL App icon in Setttings blank and duplicated

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by McGiord, Nov 21, 2015.

1. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Today I noticed this, and I have no clue which Apps are these and how to fix this? Any suggestions

image.png image.png image.png

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Have you tried a hard reboot (power and home button)?

3. McGiord thread starter macrumors 601

McGiord

I turn it off, and back on they were still there. Then I did the hard reboot and they are still there.

PS..wow those images are huge, I posted them from my iPhone 6+ and now looking at then in my iMac they look so big...

4. Mystic Eddy macrumors regular

I've got the same thing going on on my 6; albeit only appearing once in Settings. Weird.

5. DomC macrumors 6502

DomC

I had a few of these appear on my 4s. No reset ever got rid of them. They seemed to coincide with App Store updates not completely downloading. I'd get the completion circle but the app wouldn't update and I'd be left with the blank icon. After a restart the app to be updated would be gone from my home screen and I'd have to re-download from the store. The updated app would then appear, but the blank icon remained. I submitted it as a bug.
    [​IMG]
    They've never appeared since I updated to the 6s.

6. Armen, Dec 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2015

Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Do you have any apps installed that fall before 1Password in alphabetical order? try reinstalling them.

7. Crusoe macrumors regular

I have seen this before on my iPhone 6 (iOS 9.something) when I disabled News. I think one of the greyed-out icons could relate to the News app if either you disable it, or it's not available in your region. But that's just a guess.