Blank playlists

Howard Ellacott

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2012
United Kingdom
Apple watch series 4, watchOS 5.1.1

Brand new watch. In my playlists, both through "on iPhone" and on the watch I have loads of blank playlists. Tapping them just plays all my songs alphabetically. If i scroll right to the bottom, I have my actual playlists and playlist folders, and everything works fine! It's just loads of blank ones above them all.

Has anyone else had this or knows how to fix it?

I have iCloud Music Library enabled, but the playlists don't show up on my iPad, iPhone or in iTunes. Bit stumped on what to do!

I've added a screenshot to show what I mean.

IMG_0036.png

menace3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Seattle, WA
I do not know how new your watch is, like if you got it last night or this morning. However, it did take about 2 days for the watch to finish connecting to my music from ICloud. Does not explain why it does not appear on yoru other devices. You have Icloud on with those devices too?

Howard Ellacott

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2012
United Kingdom
I do not know how new your watch is, like if you got it last night or this morning. However, it did take about 2 days for the watch to finish connecting to my music from ICloud. Does not explain why it does not appear on yoru other devices. You have Icloud on with those devices too?
Thanks for the reply! It's a couple of days old now, and everything else works; all my playlists are now on there, it's just there are all the blank ones as well! Yes, I have iCloud signed in on everything else as well.

Reactions: menace3