Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sickly Grin

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2015
Only a few of my favorites on Safari have their website icons, the rest are just blank, which is quite annoying cos the icons can let you identify the website immediately. I tried deleting the ~/Library/Safari/Touch Icons/ folder and relaunch Safari, but still only those few same websites have their icons. The rest are just blank. For example, even YouTube doesn't get an icon.

Is there a way to fix this? Cheers.

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
Only a few of my favorites on Safari have their website icons, the rest are just blank, which is quite annoying cos the icons can let you identify the website immediately. I tried deleting the ~/Library/Safari/Touch Icons/ folder and relaunch Safari, but still only those few same websites have their icons. The rest are just blank. For example, even YouTube doesn't get an icon.

Is there a way to fix this? Cheers.

Create a new user, reboot, login to the new user. Does the issue happen in the new user?

EDIT: Try these and see if any of them help:
  • Repair permissions and reboot.
  • Copy ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.safari.* to your desktop. Delete those files from ~/Library/Preferences. Launch Safari.
  • Copy ~/Library/Safari folder to your desktop. Delete everything in ~/Library/Safari folder except the bookmark plist file. Launch Safari.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.