Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mizxco

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2014
Since sometime during public beta 1, I get a black screen with pointer whenever I shut down/log out/restart. That didn't bother me cuz I could always just force shutdown.

However, now I can't install beta 2, please help!

asriznet

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2013
Singapore
Since sometime during public beta 1, I get a black screen with pointer whenever I shut down/log out/restart. That didn't bother me cuz I could always just force shutdown.

Can you provide more details on why you cannot install Beta 2 so that other users can help you better.

What happened when you attempt to update?

mizxco

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2014
Can you provide more details on why you cannot install Beta 2 so that other users can help you better.

What happened when you attempt to update?

Regardless of update or not, my screen goes blank whenever I log out/shutdown/restart.

I finally updated to beta 2 by force restart and then restart at login screen.

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014

I also get black screen every time I shutdown/logout or switch to login window. However it does not freeze for me and I successfully installed PB2 with no troubles. However the update didn't fix this issue.

Anyone know why it does this? Is it normal or is it a bug? It ends up being slow to log out or switch users etc.

asriznet

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2013
Singapore
I also get black screen every time I shutdown/logout or switch to login window. However it does not freeze for me and I successfully installed PB2 with no troubles. However the update didn't fix this issue.

Anyone know why it does this? Is it normal or is it a bug? It ends up being slow to log out or switch users etc.

How long do yall have to wait or does it freeze at the black screen? I have the black screen but it does not freeze my machine, longest was 20seconds.

I think you just have to wait out, am running on DIY Fusion drive..

mizxco

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2014
I'm on the iMac with CTO fusion drive, it stalls for at least 45 minutes before I gave up and force shutdown.

I even tried closing most useless processes in activity monitor in case that was the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.