Blank screen at shutdown

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by mizxco, Aug 21, 2014.

1. mizxco macrumors 6502a

mizxco

Since sometime during public beta 1, I get a black screen with pointer whenever I shut down/log out/restart. That didn't bother me cuz I could always just force shutdown.

However, now I can't install beta 2, please help!

2. asriznet macrumors regular

Can you provide more details on why you cannot install Beta 2 so that other users can help you better.

What happened when you attempt to update?

3. mizxco thread starter macrumors 6502a

mizxco

Regardless of update or not, my screen goes blank whenever I log out/shutdown/restart.

I finally updated to beta 2 by force restart and then restart at login screen.

4. asriznet macrumors regular

Great, so you managed to update to Beta 2!

5. bmac89 macrumors 6502a

bmac89

I also get black screen every time I shutdown/logout or switch to login window. However it does not freeze for me and I successfully installed PB2 with no troubles. However the update didn't fix this issue.

Anyone know why it does this? Is it normal or is it a bug? It ends up being slow to log out or switch users etc.

6. asriznet macrumors regular

How long do yall have to wait or does it freeze at the black screen? I have the black screen but it does not freeze my machine, longest was 20seconds.

I think you just have to wait out, am running on DIY Fusion drive..

7. mizxco thread starter macrumors 6502a

mizxco

I'm on the iMac with CTO fusion drive, it stalls for at least 45 minutes before I gave up and force shutdown.

I even tried closing most useless processes in activity monitor in case that was the issue.