Blank Screen at Start Up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bugeater73, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Bugeater73 macrumors newbie

Hey Anybody, I am a first time Mac user on a borrowed MacBook Pro and I pushed the start button and I am unable to get anything but a blank screen. And, yes, it's plugged in. Any thoughts or ideas?

2. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

NVIDIA Video Card FAIL. Apple will repair it for free. That part is still under warranty on 07 08 MBP's

3. Josh. macrumors newbie

Same issue, different circumstances.

I have a 17 inch Macbook Pro that is out of warranty and I have the same problem. I've been told that it is the logic board but I believe that it is actually a problem with this NVIDIA card. I took it into the Genius Bar and they told me that they could repair it but because I have a dent under my USB port they can no longer help me. The dent actually occurred a month after I purchased it when it slipped off of my desk and fell on the might mouse cord. It bent the port and cause a really obnoxious problem for the life of my Macbook.

I'm just looking for any suggestions to resolve my problem. Would replacing the bottom case resolve this issue and potentially get them to do that work for me? I'm trying to avoid the $1200 that they are trying to charge me to repair it at Apple. I actually found a repair service that claims they can repair the problem for $250 but when they returned it to me I had the same problem after just a few weeks.

Thanks for your help.

4. eng42ine macrumors 68000

eng42ine

Thats if they have that model video card... Which was not provided, and there could be other problems, like a bad
    Hdd if it doesn't make the sound when turned on..