Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Enzobot24

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2008
I turned on my Mac Pro this evening and the screen couldn't detect an input. I thought it might be my Dell 2408wfp, but I turned it off and on a few times.

I restarted the Mac Pro and the screen displayed an image again. Is this a fluke event or a telling of some kind of problem? Anybody else had this issue once or twice?

sash

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2004
I turned on my Mac Pro this evening and the screen couldn't detect an input. I thought it might be my Dell 2408wfp, but I turned it off and on a few times.

I restarted the Mac Pro and the screen displayed an image again. Is this a fluke event or a telling of some kind of problem? Anybody else had this issue once or twice?

Hi,

I have similar issue on a new Mac Pro with 2 Lacie 120 monitors. Every time I'm booting in windows, installing or reinstalling Mac OS or Windows (via BC), the screens go black with 'Input not supported' error message. In windows, the monitors turn on after booting has ended; reinstalling any system, I have to use another monitor, otherwise my LaCies are staying black. For some reason, Mac OS is forcing a higher resolution than supported by monitors. I still haven't figured a workaround.

sash

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.