Blank screen & mouse pointer after screenlock

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Snips, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Snips macrumors regular

Hi,

I'm seeing a recurring problem that seems very "un-Apple" i.e. a clear problem, that affects usability, and that has been outstanding a while.

I'm using Leopard + a MacBook.

The problem is as follows:

When restarting my MacBook from sleep, I get the usual login screen - enter password, and away we go - except I occasionally get presented with the same login screen again, so I re-enter the password, and then the screen goes blank except for the mouse pointer.

It stays in that 'blank' mode until I close the MacBook, wait for it to sleep again, and start again, usually then I can login successfully.

Very frustrating, particularly now that Time Machine / Time Capsule can now jump in and begin a back-up, so the machine won't suspend.

Searching the web, I've seen reports of the problem going right back to Panther, but I've not found a solution.

What gives?

Thanks.

2. Snips thread starter macrumors regular

This happened again to me today, except just on switching to my user from another user, rather than on wake-up.

Very annoying, so I'm afraid this is a gratuitous bump in the quest for a solution.