blank screen suddenly

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by penpen, Jul 4, 2009.

1. penpen macrumors newbie

hi, i was using my macbook pro for more than a year now with no huge problem, but when i was going on the web yesterday, just the usual site that i go everyday, the whole screen just went blank for some reason. it wont responds to any keyboard command, it won't sleep even when the screen is closed, it seems like the whole come computer just froze.... never had that happened before and end up have to force shutdown the computer.

the force shutdown has now made my start up extremely slow... and the blank screen just occur again this morning....

i have no idea what caused the blank screen to happened. both times i was just regularly surfing on websites using safari, and while is loading the webpage, the screens goes blank.

has anyone else experience this???

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

It may be that your GPU is failing, does your MacBook Pro have the GeForce 8600?

3. penpen thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, but a failing graphic card wont cause ur keyboard unresponsive thou would it? cause i had my caps lock on one time, and no matter how i press it, the green light still lit. i hope is nothing major, i still need to use it for another year... T.T

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

It does sound like what Apple says to look for in their extended warranty for the 8600m computers though. So it would be worth a call to Apple to explain the issue, they'll most likely tell you to send the computer in to have its logic board replaced, so be sure to back up your data if you do send it in.

5. penpen thread starter macrumors newbie

WOW.. thanks very much! i didn't know about this issue... i will give it a try... :D:D

6. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Glad to help, I hope the repair goes well :)