Blank website pages.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by photoj2754, Nov 4, 2015.

1. photoj2754, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015

photoj2754 macrumors 6502

photoj2754

so not sure if this has been posted but I am getting blank pages on certain websites (Macrumors does this, have to tap it twice to show up). Mainly Amazon. I go to homepage select a department, select a film and the next page is blank. Anytime I try to see a product, the page is blank. Try and go back a page, that page is blank, too. I was running Purify but turned it off, rebooted Air but this still happens. Wrote Amazon and waiting for their reply. Googled but couldn't find anything mentioning the problem on the Air. Doesn't happen on my iMac running unlock. So some additional info, when I tap to see the product and get a blank page I tap to go back one page and get blank page but then it goes back one page on it's own without me touching anything and page shows up. When I tried to hit edit button here to add this, got a blank page. Thanks for any info.

2. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

Try hold on refresh button and load without content blocker?

3. shortcrust macrumors 6502

Well that's new to me! Thanks.

4. photoj2754 thread starter macrumors 6502

photoj2754

Yes, I've tried that several times with no luck. It's strange because it seems to be somewhat intermittent. Works sometimes certain ways, sometimes not at all. Did find a lot of people who have Kindles were having this problem but it never seemed like a solution was posted. Some references to clearing Amazon cookies but not much. Tried just about an hour ago and it was working fine. So just totally confused. Funny thing is that never happens when I'm buying something and checking out. Never a blank page there! Thanks for sharing.

5. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

Yeah I sometimes have that problem As well. Try resetting the browser?

6. photoj2754 thread starter macrumors 6502

photoj2754

Amazon got back to me and said it is definitely a glitch on their side and are working to correct it. Good to know just doesn't explain why it happens on some other websites.

7. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Happened to me a lot. On both iPad and iPhone. Not sure what websites. But I visit Amazon a lot. I have to hit the refresh button to get the page to load.

8. Viper2005 macrumors 6502

Viper2005

Most times, when the page appears to be blank, if you swipe down the screen (as if to scroll down) the content magically appears!!

9. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

Often happens here on MacRumors when I go to a specific post in landscape mode on my iPhone 6s Plus. The page loads, then switches to all white. Scrolling on the page brings back the content, but still an annoying bug.
    WhitePage.png

10. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Thanks - will test it out today when it happens.

11. photoj2754 thread starter macrumors 6502

photoj2754

So are you saying this is a bug in IOS on iPad? I have same problems here and a few other websites also. Still very bad on Amazon.

12. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

Same thing with safari (iphone/ipad wifi/cellular). Getting it atleast couple of times in an hour. Refreshing usually helps. Doesnt matter which pages i use... And it is with Safari, Opera doesnt do that.

13. Nismo73 macrumors 6502a

I get the same thing. Wasn't sure if it's iOS or the site itself.

14. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

Pretty sure it's an annoying mobile Safari bug. I copy/paste the URL and open it in Chrome and it works fine.

15. PortableLover macrumors 6502a

Have this at times. I just rotate to portrait and it comes back up. Has not happened on 9.1 yet however, but on my iphone it has.