Blast from the Past: Apples-iPod-spurs-mixed-reactions

Discussion in 'iPad' started by glocke12, Jan 31, 2010.

1. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

There was a really renowned thread on here that stated the iPod would fail miserably considering how expensive it was, guess time will only tell with the iPad.

3. ukcolinr macrumors regular

Haha, interesting read! Good luck finding a household without some form of iPod these days lol :) Maybe in 10 years every home will have an iPad? Who knows....

4. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Once somebody jailbreaks it, the iPad will be awesome.

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Yeah, I noted that a few days ago too. I remember MR forums were all ablaze over the iPod. It was mocked a lot worse than the iPod until it went on sale and all the mockers bought one.

Honesly, I think a good chunk of the anti-iPad sentiment is from trolls, unicorn hunters, and Apple H8TRs. I'm fairly certain there will be lines for the iPad, though not as long, and not starting as early, as there were for the iPhone.

As for the name, it's a little laziness on Apple's part I think, but as noted, people hated the iPod name too. More recently the "Mac Book Pro" name was scorned when Apple dumped the "PowerBook" name. The "iPod" name is now viewed as classic, and MB, MBP seem to work as well. iPad will come into its own.