Bleeding screen/apple store opening theory

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mijocook, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Mijocook macrumors newbie

I got to the Indianapolis Apple Store this morning and waited in line with a great group of people. At about 840, however, the manager said they didn't get any shipment of iPads in today nor were they expecting any until tomorrow. We all saw the FedEx truck show up, so we don't know what to really believe.

When I got home, I got online to see that just about no Apple Store received iPads this morning. In addition, the online orders are backed up to almost 5 weeks. Now, I've got a theory: what if Apple is intentionally holding back stock to make sure all of the issues with the screen bleeding have been resolved? They definitely don't want to go through Antenna-gate again, so maybe they are making absolutely sure that the screens are perfect.

I don't think the report yesterday about stores getting more stock today was an outright lie, and since almost all stores went without stock this morning, there has to be an explanation.

2. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

3. vladtheimpaler macrumors regular

vladtheimpaler

No, it's just that Indiana is a lame state and Apple decided that since the power does not come on in Indiana until noon, they will be last to get new iPads.

4. gatearray macrumors 65816

FedEx brings lots of stuff that the Apple Store likes to sell, not just new iPads. :)

Just because a small contingency of hyper-sensitive nerds on the Internet are crying about a fact of life (light bleed on display panels) doesn't necessarily mean Apple has cried, "Stop the presses!" to attempt to reinvent the technology. Everything's gonna be alright.