Blemish on 2013 27" iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by insimbi, Nov 7, 2013.

1. insimbi macrumors 6502

insimbi

I noticed this little mark on the back of my iMac as I was cleaning tonight. Damn flashlights show everything! I wish I wouldn't have noticed it. I'm past the 14-day return policy. I do have the option of a repair, but not sure I want to go through all the hassle for something minor like this.

What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

I'm trying to stop laughing.

No one is going to see that blemish, besides the IQ effect.

3. mossy macrumors regular

mossy

I don't know what to think actually!

I know the machines are expensive - but taking notice of something like that and fretting about it is a complete waste of time. When I got mine, all I was hoping for was that that there was not a weird colour cast on the screen (which there was not) and that the machine worked as it should (which it does).

FWIW I don't know if there are any scratches on the back of my machine. I couldn't care less. On the front maybe! but as I said already - the screen and the machine working correct was my main concern.

Totally up to yourself what you want to do though.

My advice - Enjoy using your machine :)

4. B1ueB1aze macrumors member

I'm OCD about my tech stuff lol. For me it'd possibly drive me crazy knowing that there's that blemish there, even though no one else would see it. I'd take it to an Apple store and see if they can fix it. That's just me though. If it's bothering you enough to take a picture of it, and post here though I'd say get it fixed.

5. insimbi thread starter macrumors 6502

insimbi

Yea, I'm pretty OCD myself, but I'm thinking I may just not worry about it this time. If I was in the 14-day window, I'd just get it replaced. But since I'm not, I have my reservations about taking it to the Apple Store for repair. Most likely it will get dust in the screen if they replace the rear shell, etc. I think I'll just live with it.

----------

Thanks Mossy - I think I'm going to just enjoy the machine and not worry about it. The screen itself looks great and everything else seems to work like it should. I appreciate your thoughts.

6. mossy macrumors regular

mossy

You are most welcome :)

7. Haseo macrumors newbie

I actually have a late 2012 imac that I maxxed out. (max cpu, gpu, 756gb ssd, etc.)

Even paying for the most expensive iMac there was at the time did not protect me from bad quality control. Mine actually has a very similar, albet on the front of the machine on the lower left corner of the 'chin'.

I decided to keep mine as I am happy with it otherwise, and after hearing with so many backlight bleed / screen issues I figured it'd be better than playing the lottery with the screens.

8. insimbi thread starter macrumors 6502

insimbi

Cool - good to hear. Just curious to see what yours is like. Any chance you could post a pic?