Blemish on screen

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by josh bear, Jul 4, 2015.

1. josh bear macrumors regular

hi all

Can anyone advise on how to safely clean the watch screen. A small blemish has appeared, looks round, like something has splashed on the screen. I have used baby wet wipes, then a screen wipe but it is still there.

I don't work with any sort of chemicals. I do cook with the watch on. Could cooking oil splashing onto the screen mark it?

Any help appreciated
    Thanks

Josh

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Not sure if you are using a Sport or SS model? Is there anyway you can post a picture?

3. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Mhmmmm. A likely story. We all know what the mark is truly from.

Try eyeglasses wipes.

4. josh bear thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Both.

It is the SS model. Just tried to take a picture but the iPhone won't focus close enough. Will try some glasses wipes.

Josh

5. bluegt macrumors newbie

Let us know how it works out and what happens, you could also try calling Apple. I didn't think the Sapphire would mark easily.

6. josh bear thread starter macrumors regular

Quick update. Tried glasses cleaner and a screen cleaner. No change. It actually looks like a bubble under the glass. I guess I will be visiting apple. :(

7. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

I thought I read the OLED is adhered to the sapphire and if so maybe a spot got missed. Bad luck. Let us know what Apple says.

8. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

I've see a couple other posts about this, it has something to do with the OLED seal, and Apple covered it under warranty without any trouble.