Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bonesone4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Rochester, NY
Hey guys, what's an easy way to toggle through all the blending modes for an image in Photoshop CS for a mac? I can't seem to go through any of them without having to click on the drop down menu every single time and it's starting to annoy me big time. Help! :)

Bones

Lovesong

macrumors 65816
While there is no toggle shortcut that I know of (I could be wrong- that software is huge), there is always the keyboard shortcuts menu (it's under edit). There you can actually assign a specific shortcut to specific blend modes. Most of the common shortcuts are taken, but using something like apple-control-shift-option with the 1-9 keys would work

And there I go...thanks jecapaga

Bonesone4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Rochester, NY
shift key and then '-' or '+' to toggle down through on a mac

Awesome thanks a bunch. And what about selecting multiple layers at once in the layers palette? I can only select one at a time to delete. I'd like to select like.....5 and drag them all in the trash....Im so used to my PC at work...

Bones

jecapaga

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2007
Southern California
multiple layer delete..select all layers with shift key held down. then hold down control button while clicking on one of the highlighted layers which brings up a fly out screen of options. delete layers is there. OR once layers are highlighted with shift key drag the bunch to the trash.

Bonesone4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Rochester, NY
multiple layer delete..select all layers with shift key held down. then hold down control button while clicking on one of the highlighted layers which brings up a fly out screen of options. delete layers is there. OR once layers are highlighted with shift key drag the bunch to the trash.

See, I have on numerous occasions tried holding down the shift key to select multiple layers but it does nothing. Is there a possibility that I may have kind of setting checked in preferences that does not allow for that?

Bones

jecapaga

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2007
Southern California
Not that I'm aware of. Try throwing out your Pshop preferences file and relaunching and see if that clears the problem.

Users>name>Library>Preferences>Photoshop CS Settings

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.