Blending Mode Question for CS

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bonesone4, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Bonesone4 macrumors regular

Hey guys, what's an easy way to toggle through all the blending modes for an image in Photoshop CS for a mac? I can't seem to go through any of them without having to click on the drop down menu every single time and it's starting to annoy me big time. Help! :)

Bones

2. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

shift key and then '-' or '+' to toggle down through on a mac

3. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Lovesong

While there is no toggle shortcut that I know of (I could be wrong- that software is huge), there is always the keyboard shortcuts menu (it's under edit). There you can actually assign a specific shortcut to specific blend modes. Most of the common shortcuts are taken, but using something like apple-control-shift-option with the 1-9 keys would work

And there I go...thanks jecapaga

4. Bonesone4 thread starter macrumors regular

Awesome thanks a bunch. And what about selecting multiple layers at once in the layers palette? I can only select one at a time to delete. I'd like to select like.....5 and drag them all in the trash....Im so used to my PC at work...

Bones

5. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

multiple layer delete..select all layers with shift key held down. then hold down control button while clicking on one of the highlighted layers which brings up a fly out screen of options. delete layers is there. OR once layers are highlighted with shift key drag the bunch to the trash.

6. Bonesone4 thread starter macrumors regular

See, I have on numerous occasions tried holding down the shift key to select multiple layers but it does nothing. Is there a possibility that I may have kind of setting checked in preferences that does not allow for that?

Bones

7. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Not that I'm aware of. Try throwing out your Pshop preferences file and relaunching and see if that clears the problem.

Users>name>Library>Preferences>Photoshop CS Settings