Blindsided on Baker Street

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Sydde, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Wow, caught me by surprise, the Scottish musician Gerry Rafferty has just died at 63. Liver failure For some, the bottle is a brutal, bitter master.

2. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

3. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

I've always loved "Stuck in the Middle With You", but I think that is the first time I've ever seen the video. Cool. For the longest time, I didn't know that was Rafferty singing.

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Oh wow. I was just listening to some of his songs on my 3GS while at the gym today.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

6. snberk103 macrumors 603

Reminded me how much I liked his material, though I hadn't heard if for while. I've added couple of his albums to my iTunes collection, and they all hold up really real. I especially like Baker Street.

Using the links posted above, if you watch Stuck in the Middle first, and then imagine how much he must have matured when you watch Baker Street.

Sigh.... too young and too soon.

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

This really is what I wish music today sounded like. No frills or auto tune. Just pure raw music.

8. SlovakApple macrumors 6502

Sad to hear that. I have to confess that I know only Baker Street but that song is great.

9. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Baker Street predates me by a few years, but it seems like everyone I talk to can recall exactly what they were doing when they heard it for the first time... City To City was a great album.

He also wrote and sang a song on Mark Knopfler's Local Hero soundtrack, which is very good.

RIP Gerry. :(