Blindtype - coming to iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phokus, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Phokus macrumors regular

http://www.blindtype.com/

This is about 1000 times more amazing than even swype (watch the video the WHOLE way through)

It says this at the bottom though:

That doesn't seem likely, does it? I mean, yeah, it'll go to the android system for sure because they don't lock down their software like that, but Steve is a big poopy head who won't let developers replace the core functionality of the iphone, even if they do it better than apple (see google voice) ;) :p:D

2. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

That is weird. Why would I want to type on a keyboard that moves and changes size every time I touch it?

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't see apple making any changes to its keyboard or allowing any non-apple developed keyboard onto the iPhone.

4. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

I don't know if Apple will approve this one but I like it!

5. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

If they won't allow Swype, I doubt it. But they've let stranger through.

6. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

I dont see how that is better than Swype but it is amazing how it knows what your typing. Swype i think is still faster.

Anyways there is a SMS App in the Android market that i have that you can use swype to text, or use voice to text on the same keyboard whereas you had to change the keyboard from Swype to Android and do either or.
    Also when i recieve a reply, i can touch a speaker symbol and it will read it to me.
    Also customizable so you can use different types of Text bubbles and backgrounds.

Best SMS App i have ever seen. Anyone here who has an Android device, you need to get Handcent SMS App. It is FREE!

7. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Amazing, given the maturity level of his customers.

9. alee macrumors 6502

The reason physical keyboards work so well is because your brain is constantly able to recalibrate where your fingers need to be and where adjacent keys are.

Virtual keyboards require your fingers to hover over their virtual positions, touching the screen only when you hit a button. Because there's no way to "feel" where your fingers should be, as you type your finger positions will have a tendency to drift. This can be lessened by the visual cues Apple gives you.

The concept behind this new keyboard is pretty brilliant. It recalibrates the position of the keyboard as your fingers drift over time. It would, in theory, remove any remaining disadvantages to virtual keyboards.

Too bad Apple will likely reject this app. Maybe they should acquire this company instead.

10. Savage macrumors 6502

Savage

How does it always correct to the right word?

11. alee macrumors 6502

Probably has a linguistic dictionary. Probably won't work reliably in all cases... Pretty sure the example was a ringer example.

12. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

impossible to implement throughout the phone. even with jailbreak.

13. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

You think so? The jailbreak community has come a long way since we first saw Lights Out on it.