Blink aluminum case for iPhone 3G/S Review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SchneiderMan, Oct 30, 2009.

1. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Well i have received this case from Blink today, It's for the iPhone 3G/S and it's made out of thin aluminum. Yes this case look very nice on the outside and the glossy aluminum finish is not something you are used too however i found a major problem with this case.

In order to install you need to remove a sticker on the back of the case in order for the case to stick to the back of your iPhone? yes that sound weird and i have tried to first install my iPhone without sticking my iPhone to the case, but ive found that the case does not sit correctly or fit the iPhone well. It will not stay on for very long and just slide off your iPhone. I then tried using the sticker and got the same result, it might be because the case is not well designed and is not evenly cut. So im not sure what's going on with the case i got from Blink but i will try to contact them and see if i can correct this problem.

As you can see in the pics, the case clearly shows part of the iPhone plastic sides. This is a slim style case that is supposed to show your chrome but not the plastic! I really wanted to like this case but Blink clearly need to fix this and it's not looking very good..
    At this time i cannot recommend this case at all.

Edit: I have contacted Blink about the issues and they said they are aware of the problems and are fixing their production line. I will be sent a newer case once they fix the issues.

Pics:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unboxings and installation: Here.

2. zdblue11 macrumors member

zdblue11

i dont see the pics
    is it just me or anyone else haveing the same problem?
    give me the pics!

3. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

4. V4705 macrumors 6502

5. jengoodwin macrumors newbie

blink case

really?? I bought one from them and my phone didn't come off with the tape on. i see in your picture that you only used half of the tape and maybe that's why. I didn't really notice things you've mentioned... wow, you're a review pro... oh about the phone reception, i never had problem with my bars with the blink case on.

I mean, i think it's a really good deal for its price. with all the free stuff they include and a beautiful case like this, im not complaining :)

6. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Im glad you have no problems and are happy with your case, though i had a bad experience and Blink acknowledged they had problems with their cases. So you just go lucky i guess.. It is a very nice looking case, and i really hope to get a fixed version..

Btw i also tried using the whole tape but still. Also i do not think this case should even have this ridiculous sticker and i think Blink will fix that too.

Enjoy your case. :)